Tuesday, March 20, 2012

chasing pavements





So the first viz dev project has come to an end and basically this is what we did... i have no line drawing for the painting because i felt the composition was weak and changed a lot of it.. I could have painted the one below it that i did a graphite rendering of but i feel as if it was stronger and i wanted to have 2 strong pieces and not just one. I will paint it eventually as well as revise and render out the first one. 3 days for the painting... first photoshop environment like this... super challenging but i learned a lot in this project and the most important was that line drawing is key, not so much the graphite rendering although it was fun and i really like the effect you get, but the line drawing is absolutely key in making a painting. Not because you CANT paint without it, but because in a development environment where you need to really show the environment, not mood, it makes the painting go quicker. At least for me. I'm really learning to appreciate graphite.

No comments:

Post a Comment